How to help to slow the spread of Coronavirus
The Government, and the NHS, have issued the following advice to enable us all to prevent spreading any respiratory virus:
- Wash your hands often – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitiser if soap and water aren’t available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you feel unwell, stay at home and don’t attend work or school.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home.
If you have a high temperature, a cough, or shortness of breath, please call NHS 111 – don’t go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment.
Updated advice will be found on the links below. Should school be told to close, we will add information on the Learning at Home page, for the children.
Department for Education Coronavirus helpline - this helpline has been set up to answer questions about the virus related to education. Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline.
Public Health England for the East Midlands:
- PHE East Midlands response centre
- Tel: 0344 225 4524 followed by Option 0 to get through to East Midlands Health Protection Team, then press option 1, then ask for the Coronavirus Response Centre.
- Open from 8am to 8pm.