I know you will be missing Quidditch as much as I am. I got a new Quidditch hoodie for Christmas, and I'm looking forward to wearing it! So - I thought you might enjoy a bit of lockdown Quidditch fun for the next few weeks.
You'll find on this page Quidditch, Hogwarts and Harry Potter activities and quizzes for you to do. I'm sure you won't mind if the rest of the school joins in if they wish, and I hope J.K. Rowling won't mind us borrowing her books. I'll see how creative I can be. Remember to send in your ideas via dojo or email, and I'll post them on here.
Quidditch is played on broomsticks. Today's activity is two-fold. Firstly, turn this broomstick into one suitable for playing Quidditch (you could think about colour, foot rests for safety, saddle, streamlining the bristles etc). Secondly, we know about Cleansweeps, Firebolts, and Nimbus 2000s, but can you come up with a name for your broomstick? How does it fly, how fast can it go, how high, what colour is it etc. Have fun!
1. Which Hogwarts House does Harry belong to?
2. Name the 4 Houses of Hogwarts
3. What is the House symbol for each House?
4. Who is the first friend that Harry makes?
5. When is Harry's birthday?
6. Name Harry's unpleasant relations
7. What does Hagrid give Harry for his 11th birthday?
8. How do wizards get into Diagon Alley?
9. What is the first place Harry visits in Diagon Alley?
10. Name the 2 types of transport that Harry uses to get to Hogwarts
Muggle or Wizard?
Would you rather be a muggle or a wizard? Why is that? Write me a paragraph, poem, presentation or picture (see the use of alliteration there?) to explain your choice. You can illustrate it with a photo, picture, diagram or spell if you wish.