School improvement targets (our key issues) are agreed following our on-going school self evaluation. We make use of the Education Endowment Foundation in prioritising our school improvement work, or for development work that may not feature in our key issues. This year we are working on developing a growth mindset to support pupil resilience; further developing digital technology; ensuring focussed feedback supports pupil progress; and further encouraging parental involvement through Class Dojo.
Our current key issues have been set as:
- Improve attainment in writing across school to increase the proportion of pupils achieving age-related expectations
- Improve attainment in reading across school to increase the proportion of pupils achieving age-related expectations
- Ensure the new teacher in EYFS is well supported to continue the upward trend in the Good level of Development
- Consolidate planning for the Early Years Foundation Stage so that clear learning objectives enable children to know exactly what is expected of them
- Continue to develop the outdoor area for EYFS
- Embed the system for assessing without levels